It’s safe to say that I’ll be updating this here blog at least once a month. That’s the goal. I’d love to post twice a month, but I’d also love to have a pet monkey. Owning our liking doesn’t always make sense.
Anyways, can I just say that this past birthday (which I celebrated last weekend) was probably the best birthday I’ve had, maybe, to date? (Or that I can remember.) And my birthday wasn’t even listed on Facebook! Imagine that.
Why it was number one:
• Went to a two-day music fest to nourish my live music addiction. It’s a real thing, people! Look it up!
• Chatted with my bff who lives all the way on the other side of the world. And even got calls from three out of four of my immediate family members!
• Had a power hour with good friends, and frivolity definitely ensued. Also, our apartment wasn’t half-trashed and I didn’t get sick. It was the best!
• Coworkers made me feel like a million bucks, just because. Just because they’re innately amazing.
• My lovely cousin flew me out to Seattle, which is one of those cities that you nearly fall head over heels for to the point where you don’t know what to do with yourself. Went on a wine tour for the very first time (in a limo, nonetheless), drank coffee at the first Starbucks, explored what has become one of my favorite museums, and attended Brandi Carlile’s annual charity show. I even side-hugged Brandi after the show. It was awkwardly intimate.
• Received seasons one and two of “Workaholics.”
• Dany didn’t pee on my bed!
Case in point: do not display your birthday on Facebook.
Now here’s a series of rad photos from Seattle:
Hopefully my 23rd year will be filled with more friend time, “Battlestar Galactica” reruns, novel reading, pros writing, music seeking, and randomness. Especially the last one.